HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install vent cap
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Vent cap made of code-approved materials must be installed according to furnace manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Vent cap must vent all combustion and dilution gasses from the furnace, prevent entry of rain and debris into vent pipe and reduce back draft conditions due to wind. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine size of vent cap required.
- Install draft hood, vent damper and vent pipe.
- Attach vent cap on vent pipe according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Verify that finished installation meets code requirements for extension above roofline.
- Place system in operation.
- Check equipment for correct component function as permitted by job progress and make final performance checks when completed system is placed in operation.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.