HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install oil-furnace vent (flue)
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Oil furnace vent must be installed according to furnace manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Vent must not leak and must not be a hazard to adjacent combustible materials. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine required size of vent. (Note: Keep horizontal runs to a minimum and pitch back toward furnace).
- Install draft regulator between furnace outlet and chimney thimble.
- Check equipment for correct component function as permitted by job progress and make final performance checks when completed system is placed in operation.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.