HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Determine type and location of fittings and in-line components
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fittings and in-line components must be located according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Fittings and components must be located for ease of access. The number of fittings must be minimized to reduce system pressure losses and possibility of leaks. Connections must be of a type best suited to installation and application.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Review piping and tubing layout and determine:
- Service application (oil, gas, refrigerant, water, etc.)
- Desired routing.
- Number and type of in-line components required.
- Line sizes.
- Select type of fittings based on:
- Line size.
- Line type.
- Availability of required components.
- Select location of fittings based on:
- Access for installation, inspection and testing.
- Simplification of system and minimization of the number of fittings required.
- Select location of valves, filters and other in-line components based on
- Code requirements.
- Manufacturer’s requirements.
- Location best suited for correct functioning of components.
- Access for installation, inspection and servicing.
- Document selections and update sketches and drawings.