HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Make a tubing run with offset and corner using bending tool.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Tube bends must be smooth and turned to specified angle. Tubing must not flatten or kink in bends. Run must conform to job requirements. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine tube size and wall thickness, location of offset and corner bend, amount of offset and angle required.
- Select correct bender for tube size.
- Determine minimum allowable bending radius for tube.
- Make offset:
- Locate first offset bend and position tube bender on tube.
- Bend to correct angle with desired radius.
- Move bender to location for second offset bend and make same bend in opposite direction to complete offset.
- Make corner bend:
- Position tube bender on tube at desired location.
- Bend tube to correct angle with desired radius.
- Remove bender and install tubing run.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.