HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install pipe and tubing insulation and covering.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Insulation and covering must be specified type for application and must be sized for pipe or tubing. Insulation and covering must be installed and sealed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Valve actuators and devices that require inspection must not be covered. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine application and size of pipe or tubing.
- Select correct insulation for the application.
- Install insulation according to manufacturer’s instructions and job specifications.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.