HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install liquid receiver with a back-seating (King) valve
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Liquid receiver must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Receiver must be sized to meet system requirements. Receiver must be ASME coded for system pressure and must be equipped with code-specified relief device. It must be equipped with back-seating valve with service port and dip tube on liquid outlet. System must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location.
- Verify that liquid receiver meets manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and code requirements.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install receiver, secure and connect liquid line from condenser according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install king valve on liquid outlet and connect liquid outlet line. (Note: Verify that dip tube is in place. If not, install dip tube).
- Install relief device.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.