HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install liquid line filter-dryer, suction line filter or suction line filter-dryer
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Expansion valve must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Valve must be specified size and capacity for system. It must meter refrigerant to meet evaporator requirements and provide desired refrigerant superheat. Valve connections must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location.
- Verify that filter-dryer is correct size and type for application.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install filter-dryer according to manufacturer’s specifications.
a. Disassembled and reassembled if required.
b. Directed flame away from main body during soldering.
c. Used heat-trap paste as needed.
8. Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
9. Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
10. Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.