HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install sight glass
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Sight glass must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Sight glass must be positioned downstream of dryers and solenoids, and must be clearly visible. Installation must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location.
- Verify that sight glass is correct size and type for application.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install sight glass according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Note: Disassembly and reassembly may be required with soldered connection. Do not direct heat on main body when soldering. Use heat-trap past if additional protection is required).
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.