HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install heat pump filter-dryer (biflow)
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Heat pump filter-dryer (biflow) must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Filter-dryer must be effective in removing solids, moisture and acids from refrigerant and oil within specified ranges. Installation must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location.
- Verify that filter-dryer is correct size and type for application.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install filter-dryer according to manufacturer’s specifications. (Note: On soldered connections, direct torch flame away from main body. Use heat-trap paste if additional protection is required).
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.