HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install head-pressure control valve
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Head-pressure control valve must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Valve may only be used on systems with a liquid receiver. Valve must maintain condenser pressure that allows low ambient operation of compressor. Valve must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location for head-pressure control valve.
- Verify that valve is correct size, type and capacity for application and refrigerant used.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install valve(s) according to manufacturer’s specifications. (Note: Use heat-trap paste, wet cloths, etc. to protect valve body from excess heat during soldering).
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks and make pressure adjustments when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.