HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install check valve
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE Check valve must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Valve must prevent refrigerant backflow in line. Installation must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location.
- Verify that check valve is correct size and type for application.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install valve according to manufacturer’s specifications. (Note: Disassemble valve before installation and reassemble after cooling if required. Direct flame away from valve during soldering. Use heat-trap paste if additional protection is required).
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.