HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install valve (angle charging and purging, service, or combination
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Valve must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Valve must perform required isolating and accessing functions as specified. Installation must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection and required location.
- Verify that valve is correct size and type for application.
- Prepare tubing.
- Install valve according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.