153 HVAC Control Systems Fundamentals
Building Automation Systems (BAS)
This advanced Online Building Automation Training Program is designed for HVAC Technicians and others involved in the HVAC industry. It will begin with the Fundamentals of HVAC Control Systems and move all the way through troubleshooting systems. This HVAC/R Building Automation Systems (BAS) online training program will prepare students with a strong understanding of typical HVAC mechanical systems in a commercial building environment. In turn, the student will gain an understanding of the different types of control systems and concepts used in these commercial buildings.
This Program includes 6 courses with 37 modules and is NATE recognized for 111 hours of Continuing Education Hours (CEHs)
(Details, price and payment options below)
The online building automation training program discusses electric and electronic control systems used in commercial HVAC systems. Building Automation Systems (BAS) are discussed in detail, starting with older systems and proceeding to today’s modern web-based systems. The student learns the types and methods of operator interfaces in commercial buildings, as well as the different types of BAS inputs and outputs in detail.
Moving on, students learn the skills and in-depth understanding needed to install and program typical modern BAS equipment. Instruction is carried out in a vendor-independent manner. VAV terminal box, Air Handling Unit, and Central Boiler/Chiller Plant Programming will be used as examples.
Moving further on, HVAC Technicians and others involved in the HVAC, industry learn BAS advanced implementation strategies regarding energy saving features. This HVAC/R Building Automation Systems (BAS) online training program also equips the technician to perform basic service troubleshooting of BAS and understand the role and structure of interoperable systems including BACNET and LON. The student will then be able to work with commissioning agents to ensure proper BAS operation and implementation.
A series of recorded video lecture presentations included with each learning module are covered in detail in a ‘ride-along in the service van’ format. All scenarios are derived from actual service calls. Upon completion of this HVAC/R Building Automation Systems (BAS) online training program, the technician will have covered a minimum 70% of the most frequent service calls on BAS/DDC.
- The program complies with ACCA Quality Installation & Maintenance Standards.
- The textbooks: HVAC Control Systems’ by Ronnie J Auvil 4th Edition. and HVAC Control Systems Workbook 4th Edition are included in the tuition for this program and will be shipped to the student.
- Employer notification of less than satisfactory performance
- Reporting to employer on student progress
For the Student
- Registration into each course in the program sequence one at a time
- Certificate of Completion upon successfully passing each course
- Online Faculty- mentoring and technical topic assistance directly for each student
- Business hour communications via email, chat, and phone
Training and Time Management
The HVAC/R Building Automation Systems (BAS) online training program model is called an Asynchronous Learning Network (ALN). The study is self-paced and ONLINE, done on your schedule on your time and at your place but must be diligently pursued to complete each course. The program allows a 60-day enrollment per course. Our students can move through the course material more quickly, no restrictions. The best way of getting the look and feel of the program is to schedule a live demonstration with one of us.
Courses included in this HVAC/R Building Automation Systems (BAS) online training program:
- HVAC Fundamentals
- Commercial Building Heating Systems
- Commercial Building Cooling Systems
- IAQ and Commercial Air Handling Units
- HVAC System Energy Sources
- Control Principles
154 HVAC Control Systems Types and BAS Basics
- Control Systems
- Electrical Control Systems
- Electronic Control Systems
- Building Automation Systems and Controllers
- Operator Interfaces
- Building Automation System Inputs and Outputs
155 HVAC BAS Installation and Strategies
- Building Automation System Installation, Wiring, and Testing
- Computer Networks and Web Based Control
- Direct Digital Control Strategies
- Supervisory Control Strategies
- Building Automation Retrofit of Existing Systems
156 HVAC BAS System Management and Advanced Technologies
- Building System Management
- Energy Audits and Utility Structures
- Building Automation System Troubleshooting
- Building Automation System Interoperability-Advanced Technologies
- Building Commissioning
157 HVAC Troubleshooting DDC Systems & Components
- Troubleshooting Tools & Safety; Overview of ‘Typical’ DDC System Today
- Input Troubleshooting with Multiple, Typical Field Scenarios
- Output Troubleshooting with Multiple, Typical Field Scenarios
- Field Controller Level Troubleshooting Part 1
- Field Controller Level Troubleshooting Part 2 with Multiple, Typical Field Scenarios
- Basic Web-Based Control Systems Troubleshooting Part 1
- Web-Based Control Systems Troubleshooting Part 2 with Multiple, Typical, Field Scenarios
159 HVACR IT for HVAC Technicians
- Introduction; Networking Personnel and Networking Basics Part 1
- Networking Personnel and Networking Basics Part 2
- HVAC Control System Networks
- Client Computers
- Wireless Networking: Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Software Troubleshooting Tools; Troubleshooting Scenarios
Textbooks: HVAC Control Systems’ by Ronnie J Auvil 4th Edition. and HVAC Control Systems Workbook 4th Edition are included in the tuition for this program and will be shipped to the student.
For complete individual course descriptions, go to the corresponding course number listed in our Master Catalog.
Full Price: $3,116.00
$650.00 down payment, followed by 6 monthly payments of $411.00